Friday, May 30, 2008

FREE ITUNES- WEEKLY DOWNLOAD

This week's free iTunes download is "Blind," by a band called Hercules and the Love Affair.  I'm not one to knock a tune, let alone a free one, but I don't completely understand what Hercules was going for with their track.  It downloaded into the "dance" section of my iTunes, so why am I not moving?  The song vaguely reminds me of one played by a rejected band in The Wedding Singer (1998).  No, who am I kidding?  The image is a vivid one.  Usually I try to find something to like about all music that infiltrates my ears, but this just feels so cheesy and dull to me that it's almost impossible.  The bass line is pretty hip, but it isn't strong enough to make up for the combined weakness of the other elements.  Maybe they meant to call it "Deaf"?
You can still go ahead and download it if you feel so inclined.  It's free, and you can always delete it... or turn it up and put it on repeat to torture your enemies.  Or you may like it- apparently a lot of people do.

Click here.  The link will open your iTunes and give you the option of downloading.

Other tunes can be found on their MySpace.  I'll admit...they start to grow on you.  I actually really like some of their other stuff.  I sometimes think iTunes has a secret goal of providing negative first impressions.  As for "Blind"...after a few listens you do start to bop a bit- and I don't think it's from seizures either: 


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Looking for something?