Saturday, May 31, 2008

TODAY IN MUSIC HISTORY: 5/30

At this time in 1987, Beastie Boys member Adam Horovitz was arrested after a fan was hit in the face with a beer can during an uproar in Liverpool, England.  The band was on their "Licensed to Ill Tour" at the time, so it's hard to believe some chaos wasn't expected, if not welcomed, by fans.  A can in the face for one (un)lucky fan threw up the dividing line between excellence and emergency.

However, find me a person who doesn't like the Beastie Boys!  (My friend Colby doesn't count.  I think she suffered some type of trauma to the Intergalactic lobe, which obviously disqualifies her opinion.)  Ironically, while I was writing this blurb "No Sleep til Brooklyn" came on the page's last.fm (which is on the right, so turn it on and listen!).  I think it was a sign. 

Here's a flashback to 1986.  After watching, I guarantee you will have a better understanding of how a beer-to-face injury could have occurred just a year later.



DAVID BOWIE LAUNCHES "GLASS SPIDER" WORLD TOUR!

You can rest assured that we will definitely be dedicating a week to this fabulous man!  For now, please enjoy this amazing video that was thrown into my face whenever I visited a certain myspace for a long period of time.  Welcome David Bowie and Mick Jagger in the ultimate event that is "Dancing in the Streets," via 1985.


- Lindsay xx

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Looking for something?